Monday, July 14, 2008

Sonn Av Krusher - Tales from the Moshpit


Sonn Av Krusher has officially garnered our first superfan - Tim Shea who writes for Stomp and Stammer magazine. Here is his review of our performance at Corndogorama 2008 in the "Tales from the Moshpit" section:

One of the principal reasons I even bothered to come out to Lenny’s today, the second day of this year’s Corndogorama festival, was to see Sonn Av Krusher, who I had seen a year ago at Corndog and they blew me away. I haven’t heard hide nor hair of 'em since. Basically, throw the Swans, King Snake Roost and Skullflower in a blender and you get these guys. Needless to say they're one of my favorite bands in town. They don’t play out much, but do yourself a favor and catch ‘em when they do. If you're a lover of power-bore drone pummel they do it better than anyone else in town The drummer apparently plays guitar in Noot d’ Noot (for those who care).

Power-Bore Drone Pummel - love it. And I know people don't care that I play in another band, but I was just giving him some information.

Next show is on August 9th at the Drunken Unicorn with Lay Down Mains and Recompas. Flyer coming soon.

5 comments:

  1. That (8/9) will be a nice birthday show for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting I will have to check you guys out at the Unicorn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Squidchip - I was trying to remember how Tim Shea was involved in Pineal Ventana/Tenth To The Moon, etc. but I forgot. Do you know?

    Hey Ben - I guess we have a Leo in the Noot, I did not know that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I belive that Tim was only involved with Mitch and Tenth to the Moon. My memory can be really foggy from the PV days. I think he is from Boston and lived there during most of PV days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. re above post : I think Tim played bass in Tenth to the Moon.

    ReplyDelete