Monday, July 7, 2008

Atlanta Band Genome - Summer 2008


Hey everybody - sorry I have been out of touch for a few days. I have been busy with many different little projects, including my baby daughter (or "ultra-pet" according to Kip Thomas). I hope to have more stuff posted starting this week, but for now I have updated the Atlanta Band Genome with all comments incorporated, or as much as possible. I receive a lot of comments related to a specific link being missing between two bands, but most of the time I am aware of the link, but omitting it due to the complexity of the drawing and the number of lines crisscrossing the entire page. Please let me know what you think, and I will continue to update as time goes on. One notable addition is Mastodon linked with Noot d' Noot after Rich Morris' set with them at Bonnaroo this year. We now have a 5-step link between Sonn Av Krusher and Brutal Truth, which is pretty awesome.

Scott from Amber Inn (DIY hardcore/postpunk band from Sacramento, CA back in the 90's) contacted me about the genome, as he runs an amazing site called bandtoband.com, you really need to check it out. I can get lost in that site for hours.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome, SAK is connected to Nuclear Assault. It all comes full circle 20+ years later from my days jamming out to 'Game Over'. Who played in Lethargy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the drummer was in Lethargy, and once you get into Nuclear Assault, it opens up a whole spectrum of metal linkages. Check out Nuclear Assault on bandtoband.com to see what I mean. Then look up King Crimson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. james..

    damien from the walt lariat played bass for a bit in the mike douglas. woot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Will - I never got to see the Mike Douglas in person, but I have a video of a song on a compilation. What was this business about Dead Ewok again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also need to add Tornado Town to the list - can you give me the linkages?

    ReplyDelete
  6. its a scatter. me, allan chastain from copa vance, macho donkey wrestler, wayne williams. seth durant from rizzudo. not sure what ben thrower was in, and lil joe from toto. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got some new stuff from Chris Blamegame and Ken Two Four, so those areas will be better filled out soon. Keep an eye out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was in a band with your granpa

    ReplyDelete