Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ostinato: Post-Now Unreleased Album


Here is the download: Ostinato Album
After Scout dissolved in early 1996, I remember the guitarist Erv Lockett (Scout, Motherfucking Tourettes, Crusher Destroyer, Karate Bear Fighter, Volcanism, etc.) started doing solo guitar shows, and eventually added his previous bandmate Scott Wishart on drums and calling themselves Ostinato Grove. Sometime after this, they added a bassplayer named Dave Knox and then they shortened the name to Ostinato. I don't think they had any official releases, but they did have this CDR floating around in the early 2000s, which is quite impressive. I always had a soft spot for Scout, but this album really swings for the fences. Kind of like taking Scout and developing their sound to another level, more focused and a tighter unit. I would really like a second guitar in there, but also it keeps things a little more coherent since Erv is such a busy player.

Scott always bounced around the Clemson/Atlanta/Charlotte area, but eventually he settled in Charlotte and opened Lunchbox Records, so you can go bug him at work whenever you are in the area. I will see Erv every once in awhile in the Atlanta area, but I don't know what David is doing these days. There was talk that they might reform as Scout but in the Ostinato lineup, so we'll see what happens with that. I would probably drive up to Charlotte to witness that one in action.

1 comment:

  1. One of my all time Atlanta favorites. The on stage banter was legendary. It was like watching 3 great insult comics who also played really great music.
    I believe Dave is still in Texas as he moved there some time ago.

    ReplyDelete