Thursday, October 21, 2010

Venosity - Full of Veins


Here is the download: Venosity - Studio and Live

First off, I would like to thank Venosity's original singer Craig DeOreo for these recordings. I never got to see Venosity myself back in the day, but only knew of them through the fact that it was the first band my friend Matt Mauldin (Bloodspoon, Car vs. Driver, Chocolate Kiss, Sonn Av Krusher) played in, and all the great flyers for shows they played. From what I understand of their history, they were high school kids pounding out thrash metal of various sorts in Atlanta during the 1991-ish time period, playing shows with Ghost Story, Nihilist, OCB, FUCT, etc. at venues like Visions and Ozone outside the city. The only other member of this band I have gotten to know over the years is Cade Lewis, the current bassplayer of Jackson County Line and a guy that I also played with in Chocolate Kiss with Matt. Cade is one of the coolest guys I have ever known, with a really natural playing style that can work in any musical setting, so it blows my mind to imagine him playing bass on these recordings. Of course certain aspects the music did not age so well, but the musicianship is impressive for such young players, and you can see where they were headed as a band. I don't know the circumstances of their demise, but soon afterwards Matt Mauldin started Bloodspoon with some of his Milton High School classmates, and went onwards to Wreck Room superstardom. I'm not sure what happened to the rest of the band members, but I'm sure Craig, Cade and Matt can fill us in.

3 comments:

  1. Man, I haven't seen Cade in years! He was in a band that I also used to be in (Myssouri) in the late 90's - early '00s, albeit not at the same time - what a great guy. Funny as shit too.

    He was also in a band with former Myssouri guitarist Greg Thum called Fancy in the early-00's. I thought that band was fantastic - really pretty stuff. I have some old recordings of theirs if you're ever interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James, I have what amounts to the collective Venosity "archives". Let me know if you want copies of any of it for the website just want more info on what happened to everyone.

    It's awesome to see someone curating all this info. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kristopher - I would love to get this from you. Do you have it electronically, or do I have to transfer it from tapes? Just email me at jejoyce77@gmail.com if you get a chance.

      Delete