Monday, August 24, 2009

BOB - The Complete Live at WREK Session


Here is the download - BOB Live at WREK

This is the complete recording of the Live at WREK session BOB did on November 23rd, 1993. Several of these songs appeared later on the Complex Organism Blues album. This session was recorded off The Underground Recordings show, which airs on Tuesday nights at 7:00 PM on WREK 91.1 FM and re-broadcasts some of the great Live at WREK sessions from years past. If you look at their archive, you can see what they have re-broadcast since 2003, and it is quite a list. However, you have to be diligent as they only keep the content available for one week, and I have missed several sessions because I wasn't checking the archive often enough.

4 comments:

  1. Overall is this sloppy with a capital S or what? I love me some Bob but this sounds like they were drunk on most songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably, but then again how tight were we in 1993? You can listen to the early CVD demos on this blog and get an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it is just blurred memories but I saw them several times and don't remember them being that sloppy. And the songs they chose to put on "Complex" seemed pretty tight. Maybe it was just the "older" songs they weren't as excited about playing anymore. Best show of theirs I saw was at Frijolleros in Athens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo of the old WREK studio makes me sad. Bring back the grot, I say!

    ReplyDelete